Wednesday, January 5, 2022

A Very Tiring Day!

I didn't sleep well last night and I had an extremely long day!

After Mom went to the Center, I went for a quick run after stripping the bed and doing a load of laundry. Then I was off to help someone sort through 30 years of accumulated goods... from her mother and her grandmother... She just never had time! So, we worked for four hours and we are making a big difference! I brought the shredder and she sat and shredded paper while I would open a box and go through it, asking for her input! Next week, we will do the same! I will post things that will be given away! And I will probably be shipping some nice stuff to the Philippines which she said she will donate! She got boxes and boxes of new stuff... things from her credit card company or gifts from friends. We also found some really nice old bottles of wine and cognac in some fancy designer bottles that were bought overseas!

I came home and got a message from the editing job! I downloaded my emails, finished the job, got Mom's dinner ready, and the phone rang! Mom was home. Alan went downstairs, as I just wanted time to go to the bathroom!

While getting Mom settled, a new student arrived! This kid is from church and needs help with essay writing! We worked for three hours straight!

When he left, I was on the computer to read over Isaiah's essay. We chatted as he will send it in today!

Daily Lovely Insight:

While helping the gal clean, we found five Cross pens. She said, "You can have them!" I love Cross pens... I will test them and see if they need refills... but what a gift... What a total surprise... and the Lord sustained me with His strength... And He gave me wisdom to help! I don't know when we will be finished, but I hope before Chinese New Year!

Just like the miracle of Mom having a bed for the Chinese New Year break so that Alan, Abby and I can travel a bit... and rest! What a gift! What a total surprise!

I see God, constantly surprising me... constantly holding my hands... 

Even as I finish this blog, feeling so exhausted... I have to say -- It has been a blessed day!

Seek Him First!

What Does “Not Willing That Any Should Perish” Mean? A Commentary on 2  Peter 3:9

2 comments:

  1. OH REST MORE before you get the sh****** just rest rest and more rest

    ReplyDelete