Saturday, January 22, 2022

A Work Day in Taiwan!

Mom had her day care program as it was a work day!

After she left, I rushed to make phone calls to ask about tire rotation and balancing at Costco. Then I went for a longer run. Absolutely delightful... 15.18 kilometers! Bringing my weekly total to 43.10. I didn't hit 44, but I came close! I was very happy!

I took a quick shower and did a load. Half way through the load while I was drying my hair, I heard what sounded like rain in the back balcony! YIKES! The water from the washer was all over the floor. I quickly hit STOP... the water drained, I opened the door and found that the plastic ring around the door was cracked. Such a small crack and caused such 'damage'. I threw down a towel, got all the clothes out, and scrambled to find the phone number to call for repair. I hope they come on Monday!

Abby, Alan and I went out for a delicious afternoon tea... right near our house. We had such a feast!

We got back and Abby helped to pick Mom up. I had dinner ready for Mom! SHE ATE EVERYTHING!

We then get a message: starting on 1/22, Taiwan government announced that eating indoors for all places of religious activities are now forbidden! We had ordered such delicious food for our Love Feast tomorrow night! We can't cancel... that's not good for the business who is catering the food. So, we had to send a message, asking people to bring their own lunch box containers and take the food home to enjoy! This government is fueled by fear!

After Mom went to bed, Abby stayed home, while Alan and I drove to put the clothes into a washer and dryer at the laundromat, drop off a gift for Vikki, drop off sample SAT for one of my students, and go to Costco for the tires. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Reading Ecc. 5:1-7 was very convicting this morning!

Eccl. 5:1-7 [By Ron Halbrook]. 2 Introduction: 1. Eccl. 5:1-7 Fear God in  worship. - ppt download

Ecclesiastes 5:1-7 Vanity of Empty Religion - ppt download

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630


2 comments:

  1. Interesting that country can make Saturday a work day. Never happen here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course... remember when Saturday used to be a work day?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete