Sunday, January 30, 2022

Spa Time... Vacation Time!

 I'm writing this while soaking my feet in a hot tub... with Chinese medicinal packets... Luxury... No dinner to prepare... No laundry to do... No organizing, cleaning... NOTHING! I do have editing to finish up... Hence, I brought my lap top computer.

We left the house at 8am and dropped Mom off. It was hard... but I had to walk away... And I have to keep telling myself, this is better for everyone... I know that Daoshen is great. The people are wonderful and Mom will enjoy talking with other elderly people. I will feel better and she will have a great time! I do hope that they can keep her until 2/21! I will have to pay about 1,000US$ for the two extra weeks, but Alan got his New Year Bonus... and Isaiah got a 5,000US$ Scholarship from Franklin. It was a total surprise miracle! God knew we needed a new washer... God knew about the possibility of having Mom stay longer... 

We were on the road by 9am and the drive to Hualien was so smooth. It was great to start the vacation now... here are several reasons: Daoshen can't accept any visitors or 'new clients' as Taiwan raised it's Covid level to 2.5. If I didn't check Mom in today, it would not have happened. Coming down to Hualien, we went to Taroko Gorge. By 2/2, they would close the park to private automobiles. All individuals have to take the shuttle bus service provided by the National Park Service and it would be so crowded. We were able to drive and walk around... and very few people! We had such a blast! Alan drove and dropped us off and went to the next point. We walked! The weather was splendid!

We brought along snacks which we enjoyed during the drive.

By 4pm, we reached our hotel! NICE! I booked a 4-person room... with buffet breakfast and a large tub! This is a hot spring area, so the tub has a therapeutic health benefit. Alan took a nap while I soaked. Tonight we're going to the DonMeng Night Market and then to the Lantern Festival, which started on 1/24!

Tomorrow morning, I'm planning to have my quiet time in the lobby area, go for a run, and breakfast will go from 7-10am! We have nothing planned... just go with the flow!

Daily Lovely Insight:

It took about an hour or more before I started feeling relaxed! It was such a relief as we were hiking and walking around, thinking... I can't take my Mom along... it would have been a nightmare! And the longer the drive, the weight of the care of my Mom just lifted off my shoulders... I know God is with her and she is going to be fine... I am trusting that the Nursing Home will have a bed... maybe just for 14 more days... maybe for long term... if long term, then we can start to firm up our summer plans and book the flights. Either way, I know God has everything well taken care of... 

Pin on Inspirational

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

3 comments: