Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Bible Study Online... and Mom Hyper Again!

My Bible study was this morning and I asked one of the sisters to lead as I had this feeling that Mom was going to be 'hyper' again. And Mom was. We had a great study... but I had to get up every few minutes to take care of Mom. By this afternoon, we decided to ignore her. It's the same problem. We were all getting quite impatient with her. She was standing by the bathroom door every five minutes. We open the door every hour, but she really didn't need to go to the bathroom! It was a constant thing for her!

Abby had class and Isaiah only had one class as his senior classes are finished!

Alan had two classes... 

I made chili and chicken. I also cleaned the closets... I was trying to see what Isaiah already had in his closet and for him to try the pants on to make sure what he still fits. After that, I went for a walk with Abby to run errands. And after getting back, I started cleaning the fridge. I needed to see what we have as we eat at home every day now. And we don't order out. I might have to send Alan to Costco again.

I did go for a run, finally, before the rain started. But while on the run, it did rain!

I got Mom her dinner... and then for three more hours, she would not sleep, insisting that she needed to go to the bathroom. We let her use the bathroom and five minutes later, she was up at the bathroom door again. It went on for three hours! Isaiah sat there in front of her bedroom door. She is still very alert. She walked over to our bedroom. She won't listen when we tell her she already went. And she's very mobile, unlike Daddy George. And that's what makes taking care of her so difficult. She is a mobile person whose mind is not all there. It's difficult with the kids as she doesn't listen to them. She can also talk back to Alan and I because she says she ranks higher than us! We are to listen to her, not the other way around. So, today, we had to ignore her!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Isaiah 12:2 was very helpful for me with what's happening, staying home all day, taking care of Mom!Blue Green Wood Isaiah 12:2 Phone Wallpaper - FREE - Bible Verses To Go

Not only is God my Salvation, He is also my Strength and my Song! What a beautiful thought! I need to sing His praises when I feel frustrated or fearful!

Seek Him First!

Daily Bible Reading Devotional [Psalm 67]-August 16, 2017 – Dust Off The  Bible

6 comments:

  1. Seems like Jesus is testing you, I am so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as sorry as we are here... She is still up! I might have to give her a sleeping pill and a sundowner pill. Or my kids, Alan and I will all go 'batty'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry and I pray foe all of you. I know it is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very difficult. I am not sure with this lockdown if the full time care facility will take new clients. But if this continues, I will call and beg!

      Delete
  4. If this continues, I will call and check her into full time care!

    ReplyDelete