Friday, June 18, 2021

Cleaning Out Things!

Today was another hot, hot, hot day... 

I turned on the AC and worked on sorting through the living room cabinets. I posted so many things for people.

An old amp, an old tennis bag, a recovery roller massager, books, bags... I'm waiting to see who wants this stuff. But already someone took the tennis bag, one amp and the massager... Another person wants the mug and bags... I have a stack of books which someone wants but we haven't arranged pick up time!

I am sure I have more things to give away, but it was exhausting just sorting through everything! I still have the back balcony to work on... on another day!

Isaiah went to work. 

Abby was watching baseball all day...

Alan had a graduation 'speech' to record. I'm not sure how they are going to post it.

This evening was family time. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

I read about G. Campbell Morgan. To prepare for his message, this is what he revealed:

After further prompting by Dr. Mitchell, Campbell disclosed, "I read a book through 40 to 50 times before I even start to study it." It was obvious that he saturated his mind with the Word of God. "I am to preach only what is revealed there," he declared. His approach was that of a reverent believer in Holy Scripture as the inspired Oracle of God. His primary concern was to discover and expound what the Bible actually said, not to fit it into any system of theology. His tremendous power was what he could do with the Word to express the truth; he was not there to impress the people (though he certainly did that).

For his first sermon, he was such a failure that he wrote only one word to his father: Rejected. But his father wrote back, "Rejected on earth -- accepted in heaven." And this man, who never had any formal Bible school or seminary, went on to write volumes of books and published sermons. He was a man God used!

Seek Him First!

Toɴy D'Elια on Twitter: "Psalm 67:1-2 https://t.co/GXX9OQGq3K" 

3 comments:

  1. I thought you clean so regularly that you won't have things to go through and give away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes things do seem to pile up and I do the same but it is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to give things away... Since we're stuck at home, I might as well work on doing this. I've always wanted to do this, but never had the time as we're usually in the States during the summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete