Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Mom Got Her First Shot!

It was a busy day... yes, Annie said I don't need to say that... she knows... 

I went for a run early... so that meant I got up early... 

Then I did a load of laundry and got Mom up to shower and eat her breakfast! She didn't want to go for a walk, which was ok since I knew we'd be walking in the afternoon.

I went and picked up lunch that a friend ordered from the Marriott... I thought she ordered a simple duck lunch box... but she ordered a duck meal! Wow, it was scrumptious... rice noodles, tortillas, salads, sauces, soup... Mom enjoyed it too!

I told Mom to rest... and I went and "fixed" the bike. The tires were flat, so I pushed one down, rode it up, then pushed another down and rode it up... until all three were done! It was during the heat of the day... I was sweating!

I came back, got Mom up and we were off... The hospital set up the tennis court area to do the vaccination. It was very organized. Someone checked Mom's ID and health card. Another person helped to fill out the form. We were directed to a doctor and a nurse and she got her first shot. The second one will be on 8/12.

I then went to the supermarket next door and bought bananas and bread and a snack for Mom. She was very happy. Red bean mochi!

I made sure she drank her soup and water and had some rice noodles and sent her off to bed. It was already 6pm. I am to observe her for the next few days. 

I was so tired... 

Isaiah came home from work and rode the bike.

Abby went out this evening and rode the bike.

I think Alan will do the same tomorrow! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

God provides in amazing ways... One lady on the Buy Nothing Taipei gave me a bag of Ethiopian coffee beans. I love Ethiopian coffee, but I don't buy it because it's very expensive. I was going to take it to Carrefour to grind up. Then the day after I got the coffee beans I went to take the recycling down and saw a Cuisinart heavy duty 12 setting coffee grinder. I wiped it down and it works beautifully!

And today, the duck lunch... I love duck, but it's way too expensive and from the Marriott... That's like almost 100US$. God just keeps blessing me... 

If you're going through something and wondering about God the Provider, please... He is generous and will provide. Trust me... I can testify of how He constantly provides for me! Even today... and yes, every day... He is indeed the MORE THAN ENOUGH, five loaves and two fish, God, the Provider!

Seek Him First!

Pin on Wisdom

2 comments:

  1. We got duck, chicken, and steak yesterday too, and korean noodles and italian pasta all cooked and ready to go, God's blessing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice... Next time... I would like some lamb chops... Another expensive item...

    ReplyDelete