Tuesday, December 22, 2020

The Second Installment of Our Annual Christmas Update-Isaiah


Isaiah:

Here are some of my highlights from this past year:

January ski trip with family and church friends in Japan, but for me it was not a good experience. On my first run down the hill, I forgot to learn how to stop and rammed into Dad, cracking two of his ribs. We both decided not to ski after that. Mom got to go instead and we ended up taking care of Grandma! BUMMER!

March/April was the start of the second semester of my junior year, double majoring in International Business and English. School started later because of Covid 19, but at least we didn't have to go online. 

June was the tennis tournament that was delayed. I did not do well, but the girls' team did better. As the captain, I was disappointed about the men’s team performance but glad to see the girls doing so well.

July/August were hot, hot, hot and we did not go to the States. When we knew we'd be cancelling our trip, Mom helped me find an internship at ORTV in the Media Department. It was a very fruitful two months as I learned a lot.

September/October started my senior year. I have continued to play basketball and tennis. I did find out that I was ranked third overall and that I will graduate on time, even double-majoring. Usually it would take five years to complete.

November/December have seen the start of my application process for graduate school. I have picked six schools in England and Australia. In mid December, I took the IELTS. I will get the results in two days. But with Covid-19 still happening, I'm not sure what will be happening in August of 2021. I am still with Vikki, going on three years

Prayer Requests:

Acceptance to a graduate school plus the finances

Basketball and tennis tournaments in March and April

Internship for winter vacation and spring semester

Grades to stay high for my scholarship

The decision to do military service before or after graduate school

General health of our family

Thankful that Taiwan has not been too badly affected when compared to other countries.

My verse for 2021: Jeremiah 31:25

Seek Him First!



2 comments: