Thursday, December 10, 2020

Ran Today!

Even though the weather forecast reported, RAIN ALL DAY, it turned out to be a very nice day... warm and no rain!

Mom went to her program, and I started with a load of clothes and going over my schedule. I want to squeeze one more student into my schedule. He needs SAT prep! I'm looking towards Chinese New Year vacation, HOPEFULLY!

Then I ate a yogart and a banana. No problem... And of course, I rested!

At 11am, I decided to go for an hour... And although I only covered 9k, it kicked my appetite in gear. My stomach was feeling good... but I decided just to keep drinking liquid. 

My tutoring started at 1:30... the dissertation is almost finished! And when I ended at 5:06, the phone rang. Mom was on her way back. 

I had fixed her French fries with meat loaf... While she ate, I finished folding and putting away the load! I also ate some pita bread and made porridge. Alan actually wanted some!

Isaiah came home. He decided NOT to go to tennis practice. Abby had basketball practice and Alan has his usual Thursday evening faculty basketball! He never misses that! 

After Mom went to bed, I was out the door for more tutoring. The kid asked for 2 hours! He needed some extra help and in my favorite subject - Literature... and two of my favorite authors -- Poe and Hawthrone! They write some scary short stories!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Today as I was heading back from my run, I saw the guy who asked me to check on the crying girl about two weeks back. We ran and chatted. I didn't have time to share with him about Jesus, but I'm praying to 'run into him' on another 'run'. And that brought to my mind the difference between good things, best things and God things. Too often we get stuck with doing the good or even the best, but they are not the God things. I think God things are more than a load of clothes or a message sent. Not that those things are bad... But to let God lead to a place to meet a 'random person' to share Christ with -- that's a God thing. Like yesterday, carrying a tub of candy canes and talking to people... bringing a bit of Christmas cheer on a very wet and dreary day... Meeting those junior high school students and their teachers... Seeing a sister who attended Grace Baptist Church some 20 years ago and who now teaches at Soochow. She remembers Alan and I when we spoke on "He said, She said" and that impacted her! That was more than 20 years ago! I get busy with too many good or best things... I want to live more in serving Christ, following His lead in doing the God things!



Seek Him First!



2 comments:

  1. Very interesting on good things best things and GOD THINGS.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Through the Holy Spirit, you will have more and more God Thing Experiences!

    ReplyDelete