Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The Third Installment of Our Annual Christmas Update -- Abby

Abby:

    This year has been quite different with Covid-19, hitting worldwide.  As a family, we started 2020 with a ski trip to Japan. It was my first time to ski, but I learned quickly and enjoyed it immensely.  That was the most memorable thing to happen for 2020.  For the second semester of my sophomore year, I started to take some classes from the Business Management Department.  I found the classes to be very interesting as many perspectives were a bit different than the Social Work Department.  I passed both classes which weren't easy.  I thank the Lord because I really had fun learning new things.  In May, it was our school's annual departmental basketball tournament.  And praise the Lord as we made it to the finals, but missed taking the championship.  Considering our team's condition, I thought we went beyond all our expectations.  So I'm very grateful.  As summer came around, I had the opportunity to join KSS (KueiShan School) VBS Summer Camp.  It turned my life around for good.  I think it was God's will for me to serve Him in that way.  It was also God preparing me to become the Captain of my departmental girls’ basketball team.  With the start of my junior year just around the corner, I began to carry the responsibility as the captain by trying to get the team together for some summer practice sessions.  I wasn't all that enthusiastic at first, but I knew that God had His plans.  It has been a lot of work, getting freshmen to join the team, collecting team fees and buying team uniforms. As this year is coming to an end, I still have one more basketball tournament coming up on the 26th and 27th of December.  I decided to cut out sugar and fried food.  It was difficult at first, but I think it has been a positive change for my health and fitness. Maybe I will continue even after the tournament.

     If there's one thing that I learned about this year, it's the need for a constant and abiding closeness of God.  And no matter what the circumstances may be, He is always there for me.

    For 2021, I will still be the captain for the basketball team. In addition, I will have to prepare for my summer internship as well as plans for my senior year. Those plans will be based on what I would like to do after graduating from Soochow University. One plan deep upon my heart is the idea of becoming a missionary. As for 2021 summer, I will miss all my sweet family members in the States, as I won't be able to go back.  Finally, I want to continue to work on my weight loss. I joined a fitness gym in 2020 and I want to continue to make exercising a priority. Please pray for me!

My Verse for 2021:

Proverbs 16:33

Seek Him First!



3 comments:

  1. You mean for her exercise goals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your outline of 2020 and I keep praying for what you will be doing. I will miss you next summer.

    ReplyDelete