Thursday, December 31, 2020

Last Run of 2020!

Today was a perfect day... I think I need to have one of these each month... I haven't had a day like this for about three years... And the LORD gifted me with one just on the last day of 2020!

It was perfect because I had cleared the day... absolutely no appointments... no Bible study... no tutoring... no tap dancing... no editing... NOTHING! Nowhere I had to go... Nothing I had to do... Not a load of laundry... Not a meal to cook... NOTHING! It was splendid!

Alan left at 6:45 after our prayer time together... and then I had my time with God. Mom was off at 8:45. Isaiah and Abby were off by 10am.  And I had the house all to myself. I took a quick nap and ate a leisurely breakfast! Hot soup with Chinese meatballs... so delicious. Homemade! Then at around 11am, I went to the local mall to get another canister for our soda stream machine and to find some discounts for my last 30US$ of coupons. I used two coupons for the soda stream. He gave me 10% off. Then I rode to another mall and bought more Mister Donuts. Donuts here are about 13US$ for 10! But with my last two coupons, I got 18 donuts and paid only 3US$! The lady kept saying, "You can get one more..." I rode back home... ate one of the salty donuts -- Tuna Fish Donut Sandwich! Very delicious! And had a cup of coffee... Rested and then went out for my last run. It was very chilly... 

I want to go longer but I had to be back by 4:30 so that I can have time to take a shower and blow dry my hair! I'm usually rushing and a nice hot shower is a luxury. I got back and took a nice hot shower and washed my hair!

As soon as I blew dried my hair and got my mom's dinner ready, Mom was back! We had bought pizza and curry... and she enjoyed both. I also gave a small glass of red wine!

Abby was home but she went out to welcome the New Year with her friends. Isaiah went to Vikki's house as the family had plans to go out for dinner. Alan stayed at school and worked out plus practice shooting!

We had dinner at home... and had wanted to walk down to the Mall, but Alan was experiencing another injury. He thinks he might have pulled something. He just couldn't end 2020 without one more injury! Many things were cancelled due to Covid, but not the Taipei 101 Fireworks, which we saw from our living room windows.

Daily Lovely Insight:

In the midst of so many uncertainties... one thing remains true: God is King of kings and Lord of lords! Focus on God, and don't let the chaos fog up your perspective!

Seek Him First!

 


2 comments: