Sunday, December 27, 2020

Last Sunday of 2020

I was so tired from the White Elephant Party that I just wanted to sleep all day... 

We had a wonderful service... Songs of worship and testimonies... I translated.

Then we all had dinner together... before returning home.

Abby lost, so I don't think they were in the top three... 

Isaiah decided NOT to tutor tonight as he had a group report online meeting.

Mom went to bed and I worked on the dissertation before Alan and I sat down to watch TV. It's quite relaxing... I always have more to do... but it's nice to sit with Alan and 'veg'!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I haven't shared for a while... I have a simple devotional book that I read in addition to my daily Bible reading and prayer time... And this sentence caught my attention: We cannot really pray unless we are consciously in God's Presence. G.H. Morling, The Quest for Serenity. Because God is omnipresent, He is always with us. And His name is Emmanuel, God with us. That's why it is a joy to pray... to commune with Him. And unless we are aware of His presence, praying would be meaningless, becoming nothing more than an Eastern meditation ritual in order to empty our minds of worries.

Seek Him First!



 

2 comments:

  1. looks like such a fabulous party the kind that you lose your voice after that many hours of partying or have to lay down from eating too much hahahaa wish we can have that here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking so much... I almost lost my voice... But I had to translate on Sunday... God is good!

    ReplyDelete