Thursday, December 24, 2020

The Fourth Installment of Our Annual Christmas Update -- Lovely

Lovely:

Jan – Ski trip in Japan. Due to the "accident", I got to ski. I had so much fun! It’s been too long since the last time I went skiing. It brought back memories of skiing in Europe. So, even though the "conditions" weren’t the best, I had the best time!

Feb – Annie and KR came to Taiwan for a visit as Kurtis was here. They took a seven day vacation to go around the island. I had reserved all their tickets and lodging. Needless to say, they had a blast.

March – I took off for a four day trip to the States to attend Kayla’s wedding and was able to celebrate my sister’s birthday. What a spectacular time to be with my three best friends. After the dinner banquet, we danced and even now, just thinking about it brings a smile to my face and such a sense of joy. I came back two days before Taiwan CDC required 14 days of quarantine!

April – We decided to cancel our trip to the States as things in the States didn’t appear to be getting better.

July/August/September – very hot months to be in Taiwan. I actually bought a coupon to go to the local gym as it was too hot to run outdoors! Unfortunately, I got another bout of shingles which was worst than my first bout… For two weeks I just wanted to sleep… God was merciful. What should have taken four weeks only took two before I started feeling better!

I continue to speak at HOP as well as other churches and lead a Bible study at Soochow. I also taught at NSB and got a new editing job, which I absolutely love. On top of these, I have continued to tutor and also have two ladies’ Bible study with some amazing women.

As for my mom, she is doing well physically. In fact, as of November, she no longer uses her hearing aids and the elderly center and myself both feel that she actually hears better. I regularly clean her ears and put eye drops for her eyes. She takes no medication, not even stool softener. I only give her vitamin C and in the evening she has her pill to slow the progress of her dementia. I have her on a very rigid schedule. She does not walk as much as she used to, but she still enjoys going out and eating out! I cut her hair and she has her regular massage on Saturday afternoons. Furthermore, she goes to church with us on Sunday and loves our "love cafe" snacks and the "love feast" after the service.

Looking ahead to 2021, Isaiah is graduating in June and might be going to the UK or Australia for his master’s degree. That’s a big MIGHT as we wait to see his acceptance and the possibility of scholarships and what’s happening with Covid-19. And Abby has her internship in the summer. All this to say, we don’t know what we will be doing in the summer of 2021. Alan would still like to go back to the States to see his mom and other family members and friends. I will be staying in Taiwan as my mom can’t travel anymore. And if Isaiah does go abroad, I will go with him and Alan will stay in Taiwan with my mom and Abby. Alan and I will be celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary and I’ll be turning 60! So, for my birthday, I’d like to take a day or maybe two days to have my own retreat, including a long run. We will see… as I have to consider the care of my mom!

My verse for 2021is Lamentations 3: 21-25!


Seek Him First!





2 comments: