Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday, Busy Tutoring Day!

It was another full day of activities... 

I put away the clothes and tidied up the house and since the weather was brilliant, I headed out for an hour run! I got home and had a quick shower before heading over to New Life Church. Last night I had walked down there, so I couldn't carry two items that looked interesting. One was a crock pot. Both of my crock pots have cracked pots. One cracked so badly that I threw away the pot and kept the outer pot. I thought maybe this summer Alan would be back in the States to get me a replacement. The other one has a crack. I still can use it... but soon it will have to be replaced. Another item that I saw was a steamer. With my mom's habits these days, mopping the floor is increasing in frequency. I bought the crock pot for 5US$ and came home to check out the steamer. The one they had didn't have the cloth pads. To get those pads -- 20US$! So, should I or shouldn't I? I'm still debating on that one! 

I came home and started tutoring. The dissertation student wants to add more classes. She has to turn in the revised version by 1/16. We are so close! Next Thursday is Christmas Eve and so she wants to have class on the 23rd and perhaps three more times before the end of December!

My next student won't be having class for the next two weeks. So... I gave him extra writing assignments! 

Mom was home and enjoyed the dinner I had made for her! After dinner, I cut her hair, which meant she had to take another shower without arguing. 

After she went to bed, I headed out to my evening tutoring session. Two hours -- TOEFL prep! This kid also needed help with Composition and Lit. I would rather do those subjects then test prep!

Alan had his faculty basketball night. Abby had her usual basketball practice night. Isaiah didn't have tennis practice as the team decided to have a Christmas party! He bought a cap for the gift exchange!

Daily Lovely Insight:

For my reading this morning, I was on Philippians. 

Philippians 1:6
Philippians 2:3

Philippians 3:14

Philippians 4:4

Philippians 4: 6-7

Philippians 4: 8

Philippians 4: 13

Philippians 4:19

I just couldn't limit this post to one verse. I hope that as you read this post, God has used each verse to speak into your heart and bring a sense of peace!

Seek Him First!




No comments:

Post a Comment