Saturday, November 24, 2018

Voting Day and Other Things...

As I posted yesterday... I had borrowed four DVDs from the local library and last night, after Mom went to bed, I watched All Saints... The preview showed a bunch of other Affirm Productions! I'm going to get as many as I can to watch... So fun!

Today was a big day here in Taiwan -- Voting Day...

While Mom watched In Touch, I went out for my usual quick run. And I was pleasantly surprised that my legs were no longer sore!

I noticed that in front of the elementary school, which would be our voting station, there were lots of people... After I picked up Abby, we found out that the wait to vote would be two hours. It was like Disneyland in there... We waited... and luckily, someone told us that since Mom was over 80, we can go in right away... Not all of us... Just Mom and I... So, we still hung around to wait for Abby.

We dropped Abby off at Soochow as she had a study group that was meeting to prepare for a presentation! I took Mom to Costco... Well... that was a total Disneyland, too! The line to go into the parking lot was long... Outside there were about 100 people waiting to get inside the store... I decided to take Mom to the local supermarket as I needed potatoes and carrots for the luncheon I'm cooking for the Bible study gals on Tuesday... It was really nice at the supermarket as I found the discounted rack and lots of great stuff on sale!

We got back at 5:30 and I quickly made dinner and got Mom into her nightly routine...

After finishing this post, I'm going to watch another movie!

Abby won't be home until 11pm.  And I don't think I'll hear from Alan until then as the camp has started... So I'm sure they had a busy day as well...

Tomorrow morning we will find out the results of the referendum as well as the city mayors and city council members and other positions... Stay tune for tomorrow's post!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Deut 7:9

No comments:

Post a Comment