Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!


Image result for happy thanksgiving

Image result for give thanks in everything
Yes, it's already Thursday here in Taipei... And what a day I've had!

Alan woke up at 3:12am to get ready. They were out the door by 4:04 to pick up Vikki and then go to Soochow where the van I had reserved was waiting for them to take all 6 of them to the Taoyuan International Airport. The group was heading out to Miyazaki, Japan!

I got up to have my quiet time and Mom was up already... Yes... you know what she was doing! I thought she would go back to bed, but she didn't!

I had to sneak out as I needed to run to Soochow to pick up the car... I knew it was a 30 minute run... but unfortunately, I got very lost in the back trails... So, it took almost an hour to find my way. I even had to scoot down one steep part on my butt because it was wet and so slippery!

I got back home and Mom was ready to take her shower. She was antsy to go, go, go...

After her breakfast, I didn't want to take her to the new Bible study group as she seemed to be in an 'active' mode... I didn't think she'd sit quietly, so we drove to drop Abby off... and headed to the local mall. She walked around and we had lunch there. I had made an acupressure massage appointment, so we went there after lunch!

I was blessed to have two hours at a coffee shop... I had brought two books to read and it was a blissful time... AHHHHHHH... I can't tell you how refreshing those two hours were. I also had a pair of earplugs... I put those in and just sat there, reading... When I felt tired, I closed my eyes and dozed off...

I picked Mom up and went to the local supermarket... before heading home for dinner!

By 7pm, I thought Mom would be tired... she wasn't... But I told her to go to bed!

Alan sent me a message that they had arrived safely... but since they missed their scheduled flight to Japan, their luggage won't be arriving until tomorrow! YIKES! I told him to lead the students in a prayer of thanksgiving to help them to see that in all things we are to give thanks!

I have the house all to myself until Abby comes back at 11pm as she is teaching...

I'm not sure what I will do after I finish blogging... Oh... I can do a load of laundry and more housework... or I can just sit and read...

What a blissful tranquil thanksgiving evening!

Seek Him First!
Image result for give thanks in everything

No comments:

Post a Comment