Monday, November 12, 2018

Mom, Getting Too Smart

I wrote to my siblings that you have to be alert ALL THE TIME with Mom.

I tried to take a nap today...

And in less than 20 minutes I heard the bathroom door being opened... In my sleepy state, I dismissed it... then I smelled something... In shock I ran over to the bathroom and there was Mom... She figured out how to open the door with the coin that I set on the bookcase. Just three days ago, I saw her touching the bookcase, as if she was searching for something. I asked her what she was doing. And she actually answered, "Looking for that thing you use to open the bathroom door!" I was absolutely shocked. "Why?" "So that I can go to the bathroom!" "You can't go unless I supervise you." So, I open the door and let her sit on the toilet. She then proceeded to ask, "Can I help the poop to come out?" Isaiah and Abby were both there... and all three of us screamed in unison, "NOOOOOOO!"

So, back to the story... I told her to stop... She didn't. I slapped her shoulder. She didn't stop. I stood there in utter shock. She said, "Don't hit me so hard. I will stop when I'm finished!" Again, a very clear, well thought out answer! All I could do was to make sure she didn't touch her eyes or face or me! And then supervised her to make sure she washed her hands thoroughly! After that, I proceeded to put the coin in my pocket instead of back on the shelf!

I guess she has improved so much that I will have to be even more vigilant...

My brother James offered to give her more supplements to help improve her mental ability... I said, "Thank you, but no thank you... But, if you want, you can have her live with you for a month in Taipei since you're coming over here. Then you can give her all the supplements and use her as a true testimonial of the reverse aging effects of your keton products." He didn't take me up on my offer!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 11

3 comments:

  1. I am still praying for you as you take care of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHH, no she is toooo tooo wiley !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wiley is a perfect word! She can't sneak anymore as I removed the coin from the shelf. BUT, she pooped in the shower -- A LOT! Then when I confronted her, she replied, "I can't hear you. I don't have my hearing aids in!" AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! WILEY!

    ReplyDelete