Monday, November 5, 2018

Property Tax

For the past 25 years... we have been paying 'rental tax rate' for our house. We should have been paying 'owner tax rate' as we live in the house.

I didn't check... I thought if you buy and live in it, the government would know. But you actually have to APPLY to get the "owner occupant property tax rate"... Owner occupant property tax is 2% whereas rental tax rate is 10%! YIKES.

Anyhow, I went today and applied and it will start next year!

I guess I would have saved a few hundred US dollars each year... and multiply that by 25 years... That's at least 5000US$!

And they don't give reimbursement... ha, ha, ha...

Like Isaiah said, "I guess we've been helping the government for all these years..."

Seek Him First!
Image result for I Chronicles 29: 11-13

3 comments:

  1. We get a bill each year... and I read an article about the amount for rental and owner occupant. So, I checked our bill and noticed that we were paying 10% for all these years... Then I called their office and they told me that I never applied for owner occupied tax rate!

    ReplyDelete