Saturday, November 3, 2018

The Offer

This morning I took Mom to Nanhu Senior High School as it was their anniversary...

In the afternoon, Alan, my mom and I went to make an offer. Mr. Chen asked his wife to come... she's the one who "wheels and deals"... I knew the offer was low... So, not surprisingly, they didn't accept it. They wanted 5.4 million and our offer was 4.7 million! I'll call them next week, but we won't go for 5.4 million. We don't want to have that kind of a loan at this time in our life. I have a friend who works at one of the local banks. One bank already called to let me know that based on the size and location of the house we can only borrow about 3.6 million, which means I will need to come up with the rest. With our offer, that would be 1.1 million. That's doable... But we don't have 1.8 million to put down! So, maybe this week, our friend will call and tell us that we can borrow 4 million. We might then make a counter offer of 5 million! We are not in any hurry to buy... And if it doesn't work out, no problem. I think the housing market in Taiwan has hit its peak, so most likely, it is going to go down in this coming year. Supposedly, they have another buyer through an agent. That's why they wanted to go with us first. They wanted to bypass paying someone a 4% commission! Even deducting the amount for the commission, the lowest would be about 5.3 million. I knew they wouldn't go for 4.7 million. That's ok... I will continue to pray!

The kids had their own activities and Alan had an overseers' meeting this evening! After Mom went to bed, I read and read and read... So very relaxing...

Oh... I forgot to mention... the weather was nice and warm... Alan drove Mom home and I ran home. It was a very nice run...

Seek Him First!
Image result for run for jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment