Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Last NSB Class!

What a running around day!

I took Mom to a church nearby to check out their weekly elderly program... The people again were super nice... but they don't have an elevator... Sometimes the program is held on the first floor and on other days, they go up to the second floor! I might go and have her try their elderly Bible study on Thursday morning!

After that, I took Mom to the stores as I needed to return the shower rod I bought yesterday (it didn't work) and buy another one from a hardware store! Going to stores with Mom takes a little longer... but I wanted her to walk!

We got home at 1pm and I gave her lunch while I got ready to go and teach.

Because it was the final NSB class, I had made 'thanksgiving dishes' and prepared a simple listening exam. I had a lot to bring...

The class was fantastic... They ordered food from McDonald's and we had a party for the last hour! I wrote them a letter and bought them a small gift... and prayed together with them! They all asked if they would see me again or if I was coming back next year to teach... When I got down to the first floor, I saw three students who made it back into NSB. They were in a preparatory class with me for only 20 hours. This class was made up of potential NSB candidates but their English was just way too low. They were so thrilled to see me as I was to see them. I guess they were grateful and felt that I had really helped them to overcome their fear of using English otherwise they would not have been able to score high enough on the TOEIC test to work at NSB!

I got back home and prepared Mom's dinner.  When Abby got home, I rushed off to my Tuesday evening Bible study!

We are starting a new book...

I didn't get back until 10:30 and the house was in a mess!

We had received all the goodies from renewing the cell phone contracts, which meant two nice stand-up cordless vacuum cleaners, 6 bags of laundry detergent, 3 bags of dishwashing liquid, 5 tubes of toothpaste and 80 packets of tissue! Not to mention that Alan brought back leftover from the English Department Thanksgiving luncheon! I worked for the next hour or more getting the house back in order! I still haven't figured out where to put all the tissue packets... (Annie... too bad you don't have the "luggage" when you come in January... I could send some with you!)

I sit here to finish this blog and I'm heading to bed... I did go for my 30 minute run this morning before Alan went to teach... Thank you, Jesus! He knew what my day was going to be like...

Seek Him First!
Image result for I Chronicles 16:34


No comments:

Post a Comment