Saturday, November 17, 2018

A "Long" Run...

Today was raining... in the morning... So, Alan was home.

I had wanted to go for a "long" run, meaning a run that can be more than 30 minutes.

So, even though it was raining, Mom was watching In Touch, and I went out... My goal... 15 kilometers...

I was pleasantly surprised... I was able to do that in less than 2 hours... about one hour and 45 minutes!

Half way through, my legs got the idea... but when I got back... I thought... Oh my... it's going to be a miracle to run for SEVEN hours... that's my goal... first, to finish... And to finish in 7.5 hours... Okay... maybe just to finish!

And Abby went to get her hair permed and instead chose the hair dye job... It turned out beautifully, but she got 'ripped off' as the guy told her to use a better grade of solution, which cost three times as much as the coupon I bought... She called Dad to ask him to go down there to bring her some money. The coupon was 800NT$ for a 3000NT$ hair treatment (you can choose what you want done)! I should have gone with her... She lined me when she got to the hair salon and I told her "Say NO"... but she said it was her money... After she got home, she regretted it... she thought it was only going to be an additional 1000NT$ but the bill came to 2000NT$!

Isaiah was going to have his basketball practice in the morning but because of the rain, it was cancelled. Instead, we all went to pick up the lost MRT card. It was a long drive to get to the bus company's office, but totally worth it. On the way back we stopped and got lots of errands done -- renewed Alan, Abby and Isaiah's cell phone contract, updated bank book, picked up library books, got things copied off... The only thing I didn't get to do was to go and buy veggies for a dinner salad. That's ok as I can take Mom tomorrow morning... That will give us something to do...

Seek Him First!
Image result for The hands of the Lord is not short


2 comments:

  1. I don't think you NEED something to do. But I think Abby will learn a lesson from this, it's a mad world out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom always like to go out... So, today I took her to the supermarket and this afternoon, she was at church with us!

    ReplyDelete