Thursday, March 7, 2024

Unexpected!

Today was to be my Sabbath... but God had other plans... 

Last night the Day Care Center had said that Mom was looking weak. And I told them that for two nights, she had talked almost non-stop for about three hours... or maybe more. I went to bed. Both days when I got her up, she looked fine. But I think it finally caught up with her. 

So, this morning, she really looked lethargic... and I told the driver, she's staying home... WAHHHHHH... 

I got her breakfast and put her back to bed. In the past, she might look tired, but she will start moving and talking. But today, she didn't. I stayed in the living room and read! I would check on her every hour. Soon, she was snoring!

I went out to the post office to mail a package for Abby and I stopped at Carrefour to buy more coffee packets. They were on sale!

I came home... Mom was still fast asleep.

I went back to the living room sofa and read some more. After lunch, I took a nap and checked on Mom. Still sleeping... So, I went out for my 10k! I came home... Still sleeping... I took a shower and after that, I started hearing her stirring!

I got her up and she was looking much better. I gave her a shower and I made noodles for her... With the homemade soup I made last night!

I think she's going to be able to go to the Day Care tomorrow!

So... it wasn't exactly the Sabbath I had hoped for... but it still was quite a nice Sabbath rest! 

THANK YOU JESUS!

Daily Lovely Insight:

It was so great to have family time on Tuesday. We're going to do that next Tuesday as well. I shared about what I read from Numbers when God used the donkey to talk to Balaam. That got Abby thinking about how God uses animals even now... Are they more sensitive to the unseen world?

I do know that throughout the Bible God does use animals and insects to accomplish His will... like the locust and the quails ... or lions... or ravens (to feed a prophet) I think God can use all things and all situations... 

What an encouragement to trust Him ALWAYS! Don't dismiss what God might be doing in your life...

Seek Him First!

Rom 5:3-4 Suffering Produces – Encouraging Bible Verses

2 comments: