Monday, March 18, 2024

Another Unexpected... But Not For God...

I got a call at 9:25 that Mom was spitting up phlegm... Would I please come and pick her up?

I knew something was going to happen because this morning as soon as she got out of the shower, she started spitting. 

I went and picked her up and changed her clothes, gave her a snack and some water and she went to bed!

I would check on her while I worked on cleaning the house, i.e. doing a load of laundry, sweeping and mopping the floor. I also worked on my talk for April!

At 2pm, Mom was snoring... still... so I went out for a quick 10k run. I ordered Napoli Pizza as they were having a 'birthday' special -- any large pizza for only 199NT$ (which is about 7US$). I got 6 of them and if we like them, I will order more. I freeze the leftovers. The special ends tomorrow!

I picked up the pizza and that was quite a miracle to ride the scooter with six large pizzas and I also got coffee packets -- eight bags of those! I rode very slowly! I got Mom up and gave her a shower. She looked much better! I made chicken rice for her dinner! 

Tonight, we had another complex meeting... AIYO!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Despite the unexpected situation, this verse comes to my heart:

Art Print | Psalm 34:3 | Oh magnify the Lord with me | Scripture art

Seek Him First!

Rom 5:3-4 Suffering Produces – Encouraging Bible Verses

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could have seen a pic of you with all that pizza on the scooter, aiyoooo is right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you asked a doctor if there is anything she can take for the phlegm to help this? A decongestant, antihistamine? It seems there should be something to relieve her and help everybody around her with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dr. said to drink lots of water, take vit. C, I don't remember what else.

    ReplyDelete