Friday, March 10, 2023

Running Around... And It's Still Not Finished!

It was our date... but I had a task to get done... 

After Mom went off, I cleaned up and headed out. My usual 10k and then a quick stop at Express!

Alan and I got home at the same time. 

We were out the door by 11:07! First, we got milkshakes at this new place and then lunch.

By 1:30, we were at the city government office. But, we didn't pick up the new handicapped card. The letter doesn't cut it!

So, off we went, scootering back to Neihu and attempted to get things done. We picked up the card and I went upstairs to get a copy of our household report. The wait was 30 minutes! Forget that... So, we headed back home. It was already 3:30!

I had dinner ready and the social worker came at 5:15, the same time Mom came home. I'm trying to get someone to come, but each agency that sends a person must come and see my home and Mom. It's so troublesome! But what can I do???

So, while Mom ate dinner, we went over the details of what the helper needs to do. I need someone on 3/11, 3/18, 3/29... and each of those times will be a different agency with a different person. Now, this is because I'm using the government subsidized program. I can't find someone on my own. There is no one who will work that sporadically. And it's too expensive otherwise, meaning if I try to hire someone privately. And even privately, I can't find someone who will work that sporadically.

Anyhow, after Mom went to bed, we headed out. We met up with friends at her rental apartment. She's here with her family from Australia. I had to come back early as I had Bible study!

As for the handicapped parking permit, I will finish that on Monday!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I wanted to add to what I wrote yesterday about wisdom. The students were very perceptive. They differentiated by saying: 

Smart is knowledge, able to learn quickly, and pass exams without studying.

Intelligent is innovative and creative, maybe like Mark Z. or Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. They think out of the box.

Brilliant is someone with a naturally high IQ, like Einstein.

Wisdom is an ability of make sound judgment about life in general. 

Next week we will continue this discussion! We will discuss what does it mean to fear the Lord and why does that bring wisdom? What do you think?

The Beginning of Wisdom and Knowledge - Proverbs 9:10 - Young Disciples

Seek Him First!

Jeremiah 29:11 - Best Bible Verse - Bible Verse Images

4 comments:

  1. Insightful comments from your students. What happened to the helper you had for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yenny? Or the Filipino gal who was coming to help with cleaning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends from Australia? Where in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe Eddie is reading my blog... Mark & Minnie, from Sydney! Mark is an IT consultant and Minnie works as an accountant for a construction company!

    ReplyDelete