Thursday, November 11, 2021

Everyone Has A Weekend Away...

Alan and Abby took off this afternoon for Taichung. They had packed almost everything last night. So, after they finished their afternoon class, they came home, picked up the last few things and drove off. They are staying at a very nice hotel with buffet breakfast every morning. Yes, I wish I was with them! But I have set the task of getting Abby's room cleaned up and when Amy, the helper, comes on Saturday, we will work on a few more tasks together!

Isaiah has a Christian Union Weekend Get-Away. He is going off to Wales! This will be his first get-away with fellow believers. He will most likely not be staying at a nice hotel as they were instructed to bring their own sheet and pillows and bedding... ha, ha, ha... 

So, today is 11/11, which in Taiwan is a big online shopping day!

Abby worked on purchasing a few things that we've been setting to buy. Free shipping! For the Bible study in December, we are going to do the keychain again. So, we bought more of those items. I had been wanting to look for these running flip-flops. So, I got a pair of those. Then we had a camera battery and Mont Blanc pen refills to order. Finally, I looked for running shoes. I placed an order for FIVE pairs (each pair is always less than 40US$ or else I don't buy!). Last time, they came back and said only one pair was available and when I received it -- it was a Men's 8.5. I don't know what I will do. I hope to give them away! Bless a brother in our church!

I had editing to do... And I did go for a quick run! The weather was actually warmer than I had expected.

Daily Lovely Insight:

George Tankervil was a martyr who passed into eternity on August 26th, 1555! As I read Matthew 25, I was struck with the contrast -- wicked and lazy to good and faithful. These individuals had such a resolve about their faith! And so, John 14-17 come to mind... How Jesus spoke again and again in those chapters of love and asking in His name... Those two distinctive factors would set us apart from the world: our love for one another and the prayer that avails much. 

images for John 14:13-14 | Inspirational verses, Bible promises, John 14

Seek Him First!

تويتر \ Praying for God to Shine His Light على تويتر: "“May God be gracious  to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, Selah that your way

No comments:

Post a Comment