Sunday, November 14, 2021

Not A Restful Sunday!

I was delighted to attend a shower via zoom at 2am. Well, at around 3am, I heard the shower door opening up in my mom's bathroom... Huh?

I ran over and sure enough, Mom was in the shower. I was horrified. She was just strange... this was something she had never done before. I put her back in bed and tried to get back to the 'baby' shower... They had finished up! I missed the prayer time!

It was so nice to see Suz and Corenne and of course, Kayla and Sarah... Plus a few other familiar faces... 

I get back to bed and was up at 6:45 to pray with Alan. Feeling quite exhausted, I finished my time with Jesus and Mom was up again. This time... Well... I had to strip and make the bed!

Mom went back to bed and I went for a quick bike ride... I needed a little exercise because if I went back to bed, I would have slept for hours. 

I got back and Mom was up... And yes, I had to strip the bed again! She was back in the shower and got to talk to Annie after lunch. That conversation gave me time to make the bed.

I had a 15 minute 'power nap' and we were getting ready to catch a ride with our dear neighbor. You would not believe it... She did it again... I had to change her pants, and put the seat cushion in the laundry basket. I didn't change her socks and they were slightly wet. This was what happened: I had only gone to the bathroom to tie my hair and she grabbed a dish towel that was on a dining room chair, took off her diaper and pants and peed at the dining room table with the dish towel over the seat cushion! 

This evening after church, the diapers I had ordered arrived. I double layered them and ... please sit down for this -- I put two on Mom plus a swimsuit and locked her bathroom door. I will let you know if this works! She can't be getting up at 3am to take a shower. She can't be taking off her diaper and peeing in bed. Her behaviors are getting more bizarre. But I talked to a neighbor and she said these are all very common for someone going through dementia! She is going to find out if the full time care facility that her father is at has vacancies! 

On to other news:

Alan's team won the championship! They came back and won first place! 

Isaiah seemed to be enjoying the weekend get away!

And I love riding my 'new' bike! In case others missed my previous posts: I loaned my bike to a graduate student from Indonesia!

Daily Lovely Insight:

One point from the sermon tonight: Too many people believe in God because of the miracles. And once suffering or pain starts, they walk away from their Fatih because they don't see the miracles anymore. They believed not in Jesus but in what they can get from Jesus. The speaker referred to the feeding of the 5,000. Many of those followers came looking for Jesus to receive the resources, not because they care about having a relationship with the Source!

So, why do you follow God? 

What is your motive behind your relationship with God?

Seek Him First!

Toɴy D'Elια on Twitter: "Psalm 67:1-2 https://t.co/GXX9OQGq3K"


2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you in the Regina situation. You sure need help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dementia is hard both on the patient and the caregiver, for she knows not what she is doing....... :(

    ReplyDelete