Wednesday, September 8, 2021

An Esther Day, Sort Of!

I was hoping for an "Esther Day" to relax... 

In the morning before getting Mom up, Isaiah and I went through his stuff and I did a load of laundry. I also called about the boxes which were delivered to the wrong place. After a 20 minute phone call, I thought things were corrected. I got Mom up, ready and off.

It was already blaring, but I had to go for my run as I hadn't ran in three days. I brought water, but not enough. And none of the bike rental places has water anymore, due to Covid. I did a walk/run but covered quite a bit of distance.

I rushed home and started Mom's dinner as I wasn't sure if I'd be back by 5:13. I quickly hopped into the shower and then Abby and I were off to Flora Spa. I had bought massage coupons. We arrived at 12:25 and my phone started to BING! 

As we're signing in, the volunteers to pack the boxes were ready, but no boxes came. They wanted to know what happened. Then the next message was from the editing company. Can I finish the press release by 1:30? Then another friend sent a message. She has a house full of furniture to give away. I laid down and started typing messages. Hence, the 'sort of' for my Esther Day.

The boxes were sorted out. Someone drove to my house and picked them up. I edited the press release while the sweet lady worked on my legs. I didn't get it finished by 1:30 but by 2:15. The massage was really comfortable, so I splurged and bought more coupons.

We then rushed to get our hair done. Yes, I bought coupons. Abby had a scalp treatment, a wash and a cut. I just had a wash and cut. 

When that was finished, we went to the nearby night market and bought bubble milk tea. Off we went to Decathlon and Carrefour. Oh... they had lots of goodies at Carrefour. On the way home, I had to stop at the pharmacy to get Mom's medication.

When I got home, the house needed tidying up. When I'm not home for an entire afternoon, there are things to do when I get back. Isaiah had to reserve the PCR pre-boarding covid test. What a headache! Then we had to check on bus tickets and Singapore Airlines sent another update! Please pray that Taiwan stays in the green! There is panic here because a pilot who had the delta strand broke quarantine and got his son infected which then infected others. People are afraid of another outbreak and we will then be forced to go back up to Level 3 and things will shut down again! 

Oh... with the start of school and the Mid-Autumn Festival coming up, people are not happy. In fact, Alan received an email announcement: Online classes from 9/22 to 10/5! SO INSANE!

Daily Lovely Insight:

"God has enlarged you through your present suffering. For our present hardships have wings of flight into the heart and soul of humanity." George Matheson

Top 7 George Matheson Quotes (2021 Update) - Quotefancy

Seek Him First!

Pin on Wisdom

2 comments: