Saturday, September 11, 2021

LaLa Mountain & Bon Voyage Dinner

We had such a fun day... So tremendously fun! Our only 'regret' was having to rush home to care for Mom. But thankfully, our dear neighbor came over to help. So, let me back up... 

We had planned to do a family fun day as Mom was at the Center.

As soon as the van came to pick her up, we were all downstairs and ready to get into our car. We had packed snacks and towels and swimsuits and water... 

The drive was two hours and 45 minutes... that's the problem. And it was all mountain road. I wanted to go hike first, but Alan and the kids wanted to go to the hot springs and waterfalls. THOSE WERE ALL CLOSED. So by the time we got to the hiking part, it was already 1:30! We barely had time to walk for an hour and we had to be back in the car! And I immediately lined our neighbor. Can she go and be at the gate to pick up my Mom at 5:13? She said YES! At first, I was trying to get the Center to keep Mom there until 6pm. But no one wanted to stay late! I understand. It's a Saturday! I had arranged Mom's dinner already. That was a wise decision this morning! So, our neighbor heated everything up and stayed with Mom. We didn't get home until 6:05!

Alan took a 30 minute nap. The kids took a shower and I supervised Mom. 

They were all out the door for the Church Bon Voyage dinner party! I had to stay home. I used the time to put everything away and do two loads of clothes. At around 8:15 when Mom was for sure sound asleep, I walked down and joined them!

They had planned a party with questions and fun activities. This is the Worship Team from our House of Praise group! Such an amazing thing. One of the Worship Leaders made a card for him! And of course, another sister had treated both kids to get their hair done.

We got home at around 9:30 and a typhoon is going to be blowing through!

I don't run on Sunday... Or else, I would love to go out in that typhoon. Of course, there are warnings -- this is supposedly one of the strongest in the past five years! School and work might be cancelled on Monday. We will see. I will keep you all posted.

Daily Lovely Insight:

I read this which I wanted to pass on to you:

Abraham's life condemns a spirit of hastiness, admonishes those who complain, commends those who are patient and encourages quiet submission to God's will and way.

Seek Him First!

Toɴy D'Elια on Twitter: "Psalm 67:1-2 https://t.co/GXX9OQGq3K"

2 comments:

  1. WHAT you all gonna do when Isaiah is gone???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... we will really miss him. That's why we are doing all these fun things now.

    ReplyDelete