Monday, April 27, 2020

The But...

I spent the day preparing for my Sunday talk on Family... and the focus for my talk will be on CHOICES... We don't have the choice of who we call "Family"... but we are faced with the choice of extending forgiveness and grace. And that brought to light what I read this morning in Proverbs. Have you ever noticed how many of the proverbs have the "but" in the second phrase? The righteous are... BUT the fools... The book of Proverbs was hollering the idea of CHOICE... And I realized that God is merciful to leave some choices for Him to make and we are to trust that He knows best! BUT on the other hand, we are not the ones to control the choice of those we love. We can counsel, but we are not to manipulate and we are not responsible for their choices! The Bible is filled with parents faced with children who made poor choices. And just as I'm grieved by my children's poor choices, so our Heavenly Father is grieved when I make poor choices. As Christians, we have the "BUT". We can decide to follow Him and not our own fleshly desires.

Today was again filled with the power and strength of the LORD.

I had time for a run and time to wash my hair!

I tutored at two places for 2.5 hours...

Isaiah was home since it's Midterms Week.

I made a Mexican meatloaf and grilled/baked chicken! And I also made a dessert! With everyone home for meals this week, I will probably have to cook again tomorrow!

Remember the "BUT"... and make a choice pleasing to God!

Seek Him First!
Notes to Myself: Day 152 a note from God: Proverbs 19-21

2 comments:

  1. THAT is an interesting observation , BUT your observations are always interesting,,,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... But isn't it true?

    ReplyDelete