Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Renewing Passport and Buying Running Shoes and Experiencing God...

I forgot to mention that yesterday, scootering home from my evening Bible study, the Grand Hotel had the word PEACE displayed using the lights from the windows. For several days they had displayed the word ZERO as we had no new cases. So, it was perfect as I blogged about what is peace yesterday and that was the word for the day!

Midterm Exams are almost over... I usually have my Wednesday Soochow Bible study, but not today. Instead, Alan and I went down to get the tax papers and to renew my passport. The place was so empty that I was able to finish in less than 10 minutes. I was so grateful that they let me use my credit card as I totally forgot to bring money. And then I had enough change to pay for a new set of photos as the ones I had just done showed my teeth and for the postage to have the new passport mailed to me. Thank you God! Alan didn't finish filling the taxes as they don't really start until May 1st and have extended the deadline to June 30th.

Throughout the day, the Lord reminded me of Ephesians 3:16, "That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man."

Even during my run in the heat, I knew God was strengthening me with might by his Spirit in the inner man.

I cooked more food and had such fun tutoring. Abby and I had another walk at the end of the evening!

My heart overflows with gratitude...

I still need to finish my message for Sunday!

Seek Him First!
The Wisdom of Proverbs - Small Biz Dad

4 comments:

  1. You are going to melt this summer and so is Alan !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess what else can we do? Mom will be at the center, so there will be AC! And Alan doesn't care about the heat... It's ME who will melt, melt, melt... like a slab of butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. USE A/C and what kind of shoes did you buy????

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same ones... Brooks Ghost! 50US$!

    ReplyDelete