Friday, April 19, 2024

What A Date!

I was up early but way too tired to go out... Instead after my time with Jesus and prayer with Alan, I went back to bed. He had his Men's Group!

I was up and caring for Mom. After she left, I went for my 9k. Then it was back to help with the complex! Alan and I left at 10:25 to pick up two gals and we headed to Danhsui. We picked up another car load of stuff! We will ship to the Philippines! Really nice Disney stuff... bowls, plates, cups, forks, spoons, pillowcases! WOW!

Alan had found a nice restaurant and we went there for lunch! It overlooked the Danhsui Fisherman Wharf! It was a Cantonese Restaurant. We had a delightful lunch!

We had to head back because we never know about the traffic and I had made an appointment to get my Pap smear and mammogram done! We first stopped to drop off all the stuff that will be shipped. We then went to our old house to drop off the trashcans that I had washed for them. I also gave them two new trashcans! Finally, Alan dropped me off at the temporary clinic (Health Mobiles at the Donghu MRT Station, which was right across from Isaiah and Abby's old high school!). I was in and out... and I biked home on an UBike for 10NT$! What fun! It even started to sprinkle! I was able to stop on the way to withdraw money to pay for the boxes to the Philippines!

The helper got Mom, so that was super helpful. I found out that I will most likely have enough funds from the government to subsidize this for the second half of the year! YIPPY! That will be especially helpful when Alan is in the States. I can still tutor on Wednesday afternoon! And I can even go to the MOE as they need me to sub a couple of times.

Another good news... we are looking at buying the ticket for Abby to come back for two weeks. She is getting her volunteer visa for Brazil. It should be completed by the middle of June. We will then take our Family Portraits! YIPPY!

And I had a free night... I watched an episode of Poirot, from BBC, an old TV series based on Agatha Christie's books!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I just love how this psalm begins: I love you, O LORD, my strength! I think that's the way I feel each morning!

Psalm 18:1-2 – 104.3 The Bridge

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4: A Quick Look (Faith produces...)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I am still thinking of your questions... last night I had to look up Jael and the gory scene

    ReplyDelete