Friday, April 12, 2024

Anniversary Celebration!

I was up super early... AGAIN! But today was special. We had to head out to the church by 5:20am. We had an appointment with the judge in Monterey Park to do the formal adult adoption procedure! The appointment was at 5:30, Taiwan time, 2:30 on the 11th in the States, and 6:30pm in Brazil! Alan had his Men's Group, which was why Isaiah and I all had to go with him to church! The judge asked us a series of questions and one of the questions was: why do we wish to adopt our children? And the kids were asked: How do you feel about being a part of this family? I wanted to talk and talk and talk and give glory to God for how He put this family together! What a blessing to be Mom to these two wonderful adults! I am truly blessed beyond words! So, it's done! The judge signed our petition right then and there and showed us the certificate that we will be receiving. Those will be mailed to Annie's address. And the formal birth certificate will take six to seven months as Sacramento Department of Public Records is very back logged with paperwork! When those come, we will be formally listed as the parents of our kids! WOW! And the date of this completion: April 11th, 2024! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? That's how amazing God is!

I ran home and Isaiah rode his scooter back. He went back to bed. I did 11km. The weather was still cool!

Alan came back at 7:30 and got his tennis gears and went to play a bit of tennis. I did a load of laundry and went to WGE and ran a couple of errands. Of course, I got Mom up and showered and fed and into the van! 

Alan and I headed out at 10:30 for a buffet lunch! It was so perfect. The place was unknown to most people, so there were only about 30 guests. The food was great. They had Cantonese sausages and Peking duck! We feasted!

We did not leave until 3pm. The next item on our agenda was to look at two possible apartments. We just wanted to see the area. The first one was an apartment with no elevator. Alan didn't like that. The second one was for sale by auction as someone killed himself inside the apartment. Most people here stay away from those places because of the 'unusual' circumstances. Alan and I don't mind. We have to call the auction agent and ask some questions. Alan liked the complex. 

I had a helper come for Mom so that we can stay out for an extra hour! YEAH!

I had a free night! So, after I got Mom to bed, I sat and read! Alan went to bed early as he has an all day debate judging event in Yilan!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Psalm 127 3 Inspirational Scripture Wall Art Bible Poster Prints Canvas  Pictures for Bedroom Wall Hanging Decorations Kitchen Modern Oil Painting  ...

How brilliantly true this is for me!

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4: A Quick Look (Faith produces...)

2 comments: