Tuesday, April 2, 2024

What A Date!

Today, I only went for an 8k run in the morning... I'm so sad... the weather was so hot... so so hot... I cannot run in the heat. I'm going to die for the marathon at the end of April. It's hot in Taitung and I run in the afternoon when the biker comes in... I'm the last leg of the relay!

Anyhow, I was home for Mom care... And when she took off, the heat was blaring, so I stayed home and made dinner. Alan came home and we left promptly at 10:30 to Danhsui as a friend has an apartment filled with things to give away. We took all the stuff animals and puzzles. Our car was packed so full that Alan could not see! We went to a local steakhouse and Alan was starving. We had also stopped at Coco!

We came home and it was 4pm and started packing everything up. With the two of us working, we were almost done by the time Mom came home at 5:15. Alan went to get Mom while I finished. I had to put some of the stuff animals in the wash since they were dirty. The boxes are to be picked up tomorrow!

I was so exhausted. I wanted to take a nap, but I had to take care of Mom... I need to supervise her eating as she is constantly removing her false teeth and popping them back in her mouth. This is her new dementia habit. So, finally, I just asked her to remove the false teeth and she ate just fine without them! I think I will have to do that from now. I am also not worrying about saving a diaper for the sake of creating less trash. I am just going to double layer her diaper every night! I am also so glad that I bought those new underwear. I don't have to wash clothes as often. She has plenty of tight-fitting underwear! So, these small things are helping to ease the stress of caring for someone with dementia!

Maybe I will get up super early tomorrow to get a long run in... 

Tonight I had prayer time with two sisters!

Daily Lovely Insight:

How Do I Know It's the Holy Spirit? 5 Ways to Recognize God's Voice - Ever  Thine Home

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4: A Quick Look (Faith produces...)


3 comments: