Monday, April 8, 2024

A Task-filled Day!

I was up early and went out for my usual 10k. Last week was my training week... this is just going to be my normal week... 

Then it was Mom care... So, I now have a catch 22 situation... and it's so difficult with elderly care to find the right balance. The doctor said that the daily pain killer pills gave her ulcers. I stopped! So... it's been almost three weeks and sure enough, her knees are starting to hurt and she can't walk properly. If she can't have full mobility, she can't go to the day care center. I have started with massage cream and we shall see. I'm looking into a weekly massage appointment for her... I wonder if I can get someone to come to the house... Or I will have to drive her to the place, find parking, and stay there! I guess I can get a leg massage?!?!?! I will keep you posted.

After she took off, I cleaned and then went to pick up the puzzles that were left at church and dropped everything that was left in my car to Margaret's as she will pack the boxes for me this time. Bless her heart! I also dropped off the money to pay for the boxes.

Off I went to Costco and it was busier than I thought as it was only 10am! I had a list and went through it and got home at 11:15. After putting everything away, I was to talk to Abby, but she was sleeping in the living room with a couple of the girls... She had to cancel... 

I went and had lunch and a nap instead! I also made crock pot curry chicken for Alan and Isaiah's dinner. The stuff I ordered from Carrefour (diapers and bed pads) arrived! Yippy! I went down and picked them up and redid Mom's room to fit everything!

This afternoon, Elaine came over for prayer and share time... of course, promptly at 5:10, the phone rang!

This evening, we were to have Family Time, but Abby went to the waterfall with people as it's a holiday there in Brazil! Unfortunately, we don't have any other weeknight to have family time... Tuesday night, Isaiah has basketball and I have my Bible study. Wednesday night, Alan has his overseers meeting. Thursday night is basketball for Alan and dinner for Isaiah. I guess that brings us to Friday evening! We shall see... 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Prayer should be our first response, not our last resort. 

I read that quote and thought I'd share it with you... Take the time to pray, always about everything... Our Heavenly Father invites us into His presence... and remember: it's a two way conversation, so make sure to let Him talk in answer to your prayer!

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4: A Quick Look (Faith produces...)

2 comments: