Thursday, April 11, 2024

It's the BIG 37!

 

Yes, it's our wedding anniversary... Alan had to work and then in the evening he played basketball. 

Today is my Sabbath... 

I was up early and after Mom Care, I made white rice and then congee for Mom's dinner. I had the iRobot going and blog for HOP! I also took the time to look for these Christmas ornaments... they symbolize Alan and I...

I finally went for my run during the heat of the day, which is good training since at the end of this month, I will be running at around 1:30! And I don't do well in the heat! It was difficult. I was drenched in sweat. I came back and took a quick shower and headed out for my hair wash and facial. I bought a coupon (13US$ for the 50 minute treatment!) and I was going to do it last Wednesday, but the earthquake hit! After I finish, since it was right next door to the Christian Bookstore, I went in and bought things for my Soochow Bible Study kids. I usually give them gifts at our last study, which will be on May 22nd!

On the way home, I stopped at this shop that sells fried goods. I had a coupon and paid only 10NT$ for three portions of my favorite fried taro! I also went to WGE... yes, a very short workout as I had to get home for Mom Care!

At 6:30, I was praying for Hope as Phil and Corenne were meeting up with the Mayor!

After Mom went to bed,  I  took the time to rest... that's what my Sabbath is all about!

Daily Lovely Insight:

This was from an article I read today:
PRACTICE the sabbath day of rest consistently. To build the muscles in our body, we need to work out consistently. If we do not work out consistently, the muscles weaken, but the more we work out the stronger we become. So it is with rest, it has to be consistently integrated as part of our life. If it is not scheduled, if it is not expected, it will lose its place in our life. We need to learn to walk away for at least 24 hours for that appointed time of rest and remain consistent with it. The more consistent we are, the stronger it will be rooted as part of our lives.

I don't currently have 24hours... but with the 7 hours I do have... it has made my 'muscles' stronger!

Seek Him First!

Romans 5:3-4: A Quick Look (Faith produces...)


5 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Day to you and Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what am I to do with that dress? So glad you wore my wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i bought you those ornaments !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you buy those ornaments? I just remember getting them and they are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete