Friday, June 2, 2023

Date at ACC with Friends!

ACC is American Club in "China"... this is the posh club that we can't afford, but our friends have membership. The food is amazing... and today, they were giving away free ice cream! I got two scoops. I'm not shy!

Alan had the buffet salad bar and I had a Rueben, which Alan ate! We were with friends and it was wonderful to get to know them better.

Then we headed to the Neihu Housing Report Office to get Isaiah's Health Insurance updated. He now has to pay for his own insurance. And when he starts his full time job, he will be under the company plan.

By the time we finished, it was already 3:45. Alan went to Computex and I went to RT Mart. I wanted to by meat to cook for their dinner. I eat more veggies, but Alan and Isaiah like meat!

I was home by 4:45 as I had to go and pick up more items that I had ordered to bring back to the States! After putting everything away and getting the meat cooking, the phone rang... can it be? Yes, it was 5:06!

Tonight Alan drove the car to go get a box and a luggage from his office. We used that place as storage. It's going to be very sad as he has to clean out everything and will only have a cubicle as his office by August 1st. He also got his schedule for next school year: 12 hours of class, same schedule as now... but only hourly pay! He still wants to teach... as he gets to play basketball on Thursday. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

I'm reading a devotional book based on Christian History and you can't believe how often Edinburgh is mentioned. You can't believe how many theologians and missionaries are from that place. And the 1910 World Missions Conference was held there. Here is a quote from one paper written about this conference:

Edinburgh was a fitting place of meeting. In the earlier missionary enterprise which evangelised Europe no country was more prominent than Scotland, and no country has in proportion to its size contributed to the evangelisation of the world during the last century so large a number of distinguished and devoted missionaries.6

Psalm 145: 1-9

I lift you high in praise, my God, O my King!
    and I’ll bless your name into eternity.

I’ll bless you every day,
    and keep it up from now to eternity.

God is magnificent; he can never be praised enough.
    There are no boundaries to his greatness.

Generation after generation stands in awe of your work;
    each one tells stories of your mighty acts.

Your beauty and splendor have everyone talking;
    I compose songs on your wonders.

Your marvelous doings are headline news;
    I could write a book full of the details of your greatness.

The fame of your goodness spreads across the country;
    your righteousness is on everyone’s lips.

God is all mercy and grace—
    not quick to anger, is rich in love.

God is good to one and all;

    everything he does is soaked through with grace.

Seek Him First!

2 comments:

  1. Could you rent a storage place for Alan's things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too expensive... we're going to put things in our old house... It's on the fourth floor, so I think he will have to ask his son for help!

    ReplyDelete