Monday, June 26, 2023

A Day To Relax!

After my morning time, Annie came over and picked me up... we went to the beach. KR and Annie walked while I ran... I didn't finish my 10k and we came home. So, I finished up my run near New Horizon. Running at the beach boardwalk was much better... 

The kids were heading out with Kurtis and Corina. First, they wanted to have lunch at In N Out, but the lines were way too long. So they went to Jolly Bee, a Filipino burger shop. They bought the food and went to a nearby park and had a delightful picnic. The weather was perfect. I stayed home and read and rested. I was also trying to figure out what to do about Abby's account. If her social security comes in by Wednesday, we will go and open an account for her. If not, then besides cash, we will see about getting her an account under my account and she will also get some reals. 

By 5pm, the kids were back. They all went to the Jacuzzi. And then Annie picked us up at 5:55 for dinner at Black Bear Diner. We had a feast. We got to meet Diamond's parents. Diamond is married to Will. 

After the dinner, we hit the ping pong room at New Horizon. How fun was that. We only played for about 20 minutes.

Isaiah and Abby went to hang out with Kurtis.

I came home to blog and get things a bit organized and then read some more.

Alan was back in Taipei, trying to navigate the hospital, taking my mom to see the doctor and get her legs x-rayed. There is nothing wrong... she's just old... but she's very healthy. The doctor tells me that every time!

They will see about giving her some prescribed calcium pills and so hopefully, she will go to the Day Care Center tomorrow!

Because we thought she might be dehydrated, Alan and the helper gave her lots of water. She peed through all the pads and diapers and even to the mattress. Alan had to take the mattress to air out up on the rooftop terrace! I can't imagine what I will be returning home to... how much 'work' there will be for me to do! Thinking about it blows my mind... honestly, it isn't going to be worth being in the States for the two weeks... But being able to see Abby is pretty special... Those of you who have read the blog leading up to my departure, you know how much I had to get done to have things 'prepared' before I left...and now... I will land with my feet running, trying to clean everything and put everything away and maybe even having to arrange extra help!

I keep my focus on Jesus... 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Seek Him First!

3 comments:

  1. AND REST WHEN HE SAYS TO REST

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn';t mention Skyzone Jump

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I forgot to mention their trampoline hour! Ha, ha, ha...

    ReplyDelete