Saturday, June 17, 2023

A Fantastic Saturday...

Well... after not sleeping much the other night, I had a super duper great night of rest... I slept on the floor on top of a mat instead of in the bed... that mattress was really way too soft! I told Alan, "It was like sleeping on a water bed!"

I got up early... had my time with God... and then had a leisurely breakfast, while waiting for my kids to get up. They wanted to go play tennis and I wanted to go for a run. Annie came over to get all the stuff I had sorted as KR was going to drive over to the homeless ministry and drop off the HUGE box of donation. So, Annie drove them to Hickory... but the court was busy... so they went to Wilson. Annie drove back to Hickory, where I was running and parked the car. She gave me the keys and told me to pick them up at 9:30. Perfect! That gave me almost an hour. So, I ran over to Wilson Park and told the kids to meet me at the end of the Farmer's Market where I would be picking them up. I ran back to Hickory and ran around a couple of times. I didn't hit 10k as I wanted to give myself plenty of time to drive over there. I was there, but the kids were late! 

We went back to Nadine Circle and they packed their stuff while I took a quick shower. We were at Annie's but Pam and Suz were running late. Pam texted and said that there was an accident on the road. Suz needed to talk to a young man who they have taken under their wings. Once everyone arrived, there was plenty of catching up. Suz, Pam and I finally took off... and since Cheesecake Factory had a long wait, we decided to hit the Ethiopian Restaurant that Suz had found not too far from Annie's. How absolutely delightful! 

We had a feast!

Then we went over to the Redondo Beach area and found a splendid restaurant for coffee and desserts! Oh YUMMY!

Suz and Pam dropped me off at 4:40 for church at South Bay Community.

Annie, KR, Isaiah and Abby were a bit late... Pastor Gary was giving one of two messages as he is about to retire. What a fantastic service... It was super special to be worshipping with my sweet Abby. And the message had a focus on our Heavenly Father... We are special because we are children of our Heavenly Father. 

After the service I had a chance to talk to Sheryl, the Pastor's wife... Pastor Gary graduated from Pepperdine University, the Malibu campus, where he came to know Jesus and that totally transformed his life.

We then went to drop off Isaiah and Abby at a party that Corina, Kurtis' friend, was hosting. It was a small get together of about 10-12 people. Annie and I came back home and I had time to get things together as we leave tomorrow night for San Diego!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Seek Him First!

4 comments:

  1. It was indeed a very good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and seeing old friends , eating good food, such a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND DON"T FORGET SUNDAY HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. No diaper to change... It surely was a great day!

    ReplyDelete