Friday, June 16, 2023

Only By God's Strength...

What a day this has been... 

So, I was up every hour, even though I didn't get to bed until 11:30. Yes, I stayed up until 11:30.

Annie picked us up from Terminl 1. We walked from Bradley to Terminal 1. 

Dinner was ready. YUMMY! I separated what goes to Annie and helped to organize the shelves so that I can fit all her stuff.

Then we were over at my mom's old place and I was unpacking, separating what goes to Abby and those in San Diego. When that was done, I started looking through all the items Annie had been gathering for me... clothes, shoes, etc. I also asked Abby to go through her stuff. We packed what is already 20kgs for Abby and I have one box all filled up!

So, by 11:30, I was ready for bed.

Finally, at 4:33, I decided just to get up, have my time with God and then went for a run. Refreshing... Energizing... 

I then got ready as Annie picked us up to go to DMV. Even with an appointment, there was a wait. But I will be getting my renewed license... probably after I leave to go back to Taiwan. We made a stop at Aldi for cake mixes and then went to Chase. Well... is it possible for my kids to open an account? How many hoops are there?

First they needed two pieces of ID. Or they needed a proof of residence... They will not take two passports. So, we drove back to the DMV... well, is it possible for my kids to get a California ID? And the answer is NO... you need to pieces of ID and you can't use two passports... So, we went back to Chase. They are willing to take a hard copy of the social security card. BUT, we don't have the hard copy. Oh... we can go to the Social Security Office in Torrance. They close at 4pm. And we went... without an appointment. We got a replacement card... but how long does it take to get it? 7-14 days... Will Abby get the card before she leaves for Brazil? We are praying. If not, we will go with our original option 1 -- give her enough cash to cover her expenses until January of 2024. Then Alan will go to Brazil and bring her more cash... and she won't be able to get her account open until she comes back to the States.

So... this day has been extremely by God's strength... because I have had to just push through... and I am even driving!

Tonight, we had dinner at Black Bear Diner... YUMMY!

And we worked on cutting up a pair of pants to make them into shorts... 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Seek Him First!

No comments:

Post a Comment