Thursday, June 1, 2023

I Had the Wrong Date!

Well... at 5pm, I realized... I wrote down the wrong date... On my calendar, I wrote 6/8 for Mom's psych evaluation, but it was today! Oh well... Now, I have to reschedule again for July! Maybe I should just forget the appointment. It is only to see if I can continue to get Aricept to slow down the dementia. I don't see any improvements. I can still get the sundowner pills. So, I will wait and see... 

Actually, I had a wonderful day... with the rain... I ran 10k and sat in the sauna at World Gym. I still had to rush out as I had things to do... that's the story of my life... 

Isaiah had a class to teach at Soochow. It's his last day. He should be getting about 48,000NT$ for the past 6 weeks of work at Soochow. They gave him days off for his interviews, but he will still be receiving his full salary! What a blessing!

I sat and read. I had to change Mom's sheet... I went to drop off Isaiah's basketball stuff... I don't know why, but the day went by way too fast!

The phone rang at 5:06 and Mom was on her way back. I put her dinner in the microwave! I guess I did make bread pudding... as Alan and Isaiah liked it the other night. I did go to Carrefour to buy the bananas and the bread... I did get an email, asking me if I'd take another editing job. After previewing the file (18 pages for 230US$, I said NO! My rate is 40US$ an hour and it was going to take more than 6 hours!) I am realizing that I don't need to be working so much! I enjoy the side jobs, but I would rather be sitting and reading and preparing for my talks. Now... that pay is only 5US$ an hour, but I love it! 

I was so happy that I had a free evening!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Suffering is one of God’s ordained means for the growth of his church. He brought salvation to the world through Christ, our suffering Savior, and he now spreads salvation in the world through Christians as suffering saints. In the words of Paul, “All who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted” (2 Tim. 3:12). Clearly, there is a sense in which the danger of our lives increases in proportion to the depth of our relationship with Christ.” 

Nik R. also mentioned that most of the pastors considered imprisonment as their form of seminary!

Seek Him First!

3 comments: