Thursday, December 22, 2022

Christmas Newsletter, Part 2!

Alan is next!

Recap of 2022:

1. HOP hired a full-time pastor in March!

2. Traveling this summer!

When I think of 2022, the phrase "Opening Up" seems to be the way to summarize this year. It started out with a fog of uncertainty of when and if things were going to open up after almost three years of being "Covid bound". Travel was limited to being within Taiwan. Quarantine was very much in place. So many things were cancelled or on hold. With hope and prayer and a leap of faith, I made travel plans to go to the US. Then after discussing with Lovely, we also made plans to go to England to see Isaiah as well as to catch the Wimbledon Tennis Competition in July. Abby and I would go for two weeks and then together, we'd go to the States. I would be there for the rest of the summer, returning in September when school starts. We did this by faith in March, not knowing what the government's decisions would be. We had a great time! The other major event was how the Lord brought Pastor James and his wife, Helen, to House of Praise. After being the head overseer and the interim pastor for five years, God brought a couple with whom I have really enjoyed working together. His preaching and experience as a pastor have been refreshing and challenging. He focuses on discipleship, which is where I want the church to move towards. I look forward to this new phase at HOP. 

Personal Verse of Focus:

Isaiah 55:9  

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways,

And My thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:9 - Bible verse (KJV) - DailyVerses.net

Prayer Request for 2023:

This new year is going to be a year of "Change". Isaiah will be heading to fulfill his military service and be finished by the middle of April. Abigail will be finished with her YWAM DTS in Germany as well as her outreach in Argentina and Chile around the end of March. I will be retiring from full-time teaching t Soochow University. So, what's next? There is a sense of uncertainty for my children as well as myself. But I know that His plans go beyond what I can see. So, my prayer request would be for wisdom as I walk this coming year that appears to be filled with CHANGE!


Daily Lovely Insight:

I read I & II Peter today... and I thought you'd like to know what verse 8 says. For this year, I've been posting II Peter 3:9... And here is the previous verse! Very powerful!

2 Peter 3:8 - Bible verse (KJV) - DailyVerses.net

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 - MSG Bible - God isn't late with his promise as some measure  la...

2 comments:

  1. wow so many changes, Alan I predict will be teaching part time !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OF COURSE! We need the income!

    ReplyDelete