Thursday, December 29, 2022

Isaiah Is "IN"...

It was a busy morning... I always say that because it's really true.

I had to get Mom ready and I asked the guard to help put her in the van as I had to take off. Isaiah was to report in by 9:15. We didn't know how bad the traffic would be since it was raining, which meant we had to drive!

We were actually early... and I was so bummed as he walked in and I didn't have a cell phone. So no pictures! There were so many parents. One set of parents even brought their dog and asked the check-in lady (who was dispensing the hand sanitizer) to take a picture for them! Most of the young men already had their hair shaved. I forgot to ask Isaiah if he passed. If he didn't, they would shave it again for 100NT$.

I drove home and went the long way, so I didn't get back until after 10am. Then it was cleaning up before heading out at 11:40 for a quick run and a stop at World Gym. I got home and had a quick shower and went out the door. I had a new student. The hour went by quickly. On the way home, I stopped to get fruit and veggies as I made a big pot of soup for dinner. A friend had dropped off some ingredients and it just made the soup so perfect!

I was at my computer to work on editing until Mom came home. The soup was ready!

Alan had his basketball night and I worked the night away. I also had prayer time with a sister. I couldn't do it last night, so we postponed it. 

It's weird... both kids are away! We can go see Isaiah on January 8th. Then he gets to come home on January 14th to 15th. And yes, he will be home for Chinese New Year! He has to serve for four months, which will be about 63 'working days'. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Pin on Inspiration

To hold onto the truth that God will: restore, support and strengthen me... He will place me on a firm foundation! And in His kindness, He called me to share in His eternal glory through Christ Jesus!

Seek Him First!

Jeremiah 29:11 Bible Verse Wallpaper | Plans to prosper you, declares the  Lord

3 comments:

  1. No kids at home. A big adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so bummed that we didn't have a picture taken... and it's so weird to have this new year eve without both kids!

    ReplyDelete