Monday, December 5, 2022

Got the New Study Finished!

That's what I did today... worked on writing a new study for my Tuesday morning group. We take existing books and try to adapt them to suit the gals in our church. I write four chapters and Angela, the other gal, writes four. Each chapter has four cores. Each core has five questions. I think the result is quite nice!

I also had an evaluation meeting with the social worker. Mom is now at level 7. That means I get more government subsidies, but not enough. Instead of 84 hours per year, I can now get 126 hours a year. When you think about it, 52 weeks, that's less than 3 hours per week! I told them that the government should increase their budget for elderly care! This society has more elderly individuals than kids under 2! The birth rate is super low, so the shift should be towards establishing more elderly daycare centers instead of nurseries. I hope they will put forth my opinions and suggestions.

That meeting was quite long. After I finished, I did a 30 minute workout. I'm going to try to go every day for the next three months before my membership expires. Just 30 minutes a day. I am sure there would be results. I came back home. Did cooking and cleaning and sorting the donations and finished writing the Bible study! YEAH! We also got another short document to translate! 

The weather was so fantastic... but by the time I headed out, I had only 75 minutes or less. I had to rush home to take a shower before Mom came back. I was within seconds!

This evening I finally made it to my tap dancing class! I can't believe it.

Alan and Isaiah had work. Isaiah went to play tennis after work. 

Oh... the Chargers lost. They both were up at 5am to watch the game!

Daily Lovely Insight:

In one of my daily devotionals, I read about Mitsuo Fuchida. Here is a short description from Wikipedia:

After the war, Fuchida was called on to testify at the trials of some of the Japanese military for Japanese war crimes. This infuriated him, as he believed this was little more than "victors' justice". In the spring of 1947, convinced that the U.S. had treated the Japanese the same way and determined to bring that evidence to the next trial, Fuchida went to Uraga Harbor near Yokosuka to meet a group of returning Japanese prisoners of war. He was surprised to find his former flight engineer, Kazuo Kanegasaki, who all had believed had died in the Battle of Midway. When questioned, Kanegasaki told Fuchida that they were not tortured or abused, much to Fuchida's surprise, and then went on to tell him of a young lady, Peggy Covell, who served them with the deepest love and respect, but whose missionary parents had been killed by Japanese soldiers on the island of Panay in the Philippines.

For Fuchida, this was inexplicable, as in the Bushido code revenge was not only permitted, it was "a responsibility" for an offended party to carry out revenge to restore honor. The murderer of one's parents would be a sworn enemy for life. He became almost obsessed trying to understand why anyone would treat their enemies with love and forgiveness.

Fuchida later became a Christian and spent the rest of his life sharing about Jesus. He wrote a book, From Pearl Harbor to Calvary!

God is still transforming lives!

Facebook | Ministry of reconciliation, God loves me, Christian inspiration

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as so...

2 comments: