Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Not A Restful Day!

It was difficult to sleep last night... thinking and praying that Mom was doing well at the new place...

I lined the facility early and Mom had a good night... but then during the day, she was not doing well... there was no program... and they made her take a nap, meaning they actually have the habit of having everyone in bed for a nap! My mom was not tired! She tried to get out of bed on her own! And she is too active for them! I had to talk to the nurses and the director! He didn't get her into the day care program but he will try to do that tomorrow. Please pray during this 'adjustment period'. He will also order a psych evaluation, which I will have to be present. He will try to set the appointment up based on my available time! I also want to make an appointment for Mom to have her teeth cleaned at a dentist near the facility. I did not have time to set that up. I also realized that some of her outfits are still at Daoshen. So, I have to call them and ask what happened!

I cooked and had our Bible study this morning... then tutoring in the afternoon. I also went to transfer money for the facility and mail a package to Eddie. Then, I had to put in the prescription for Mom's meds. Hopefully, I will get the report for Mom's physical check up (I don't even remember what's her blood type!) and the meds by next Monday and go again next week to drop things off.

The plan is I will go this Thursday. I was going to have a meeting with the day care center, but I had a long conversation with them. They will keep my Mom's space open for two months! What a miracle! If things don't work out, I can bring my Mom back home and she can go back to the day care center! Please pray! The people at the day care center are so nice to me! They also recommended another place in Beitou which I called and they do have an available bed. It's way more expensive! It is run by Christians, but Mom might not fit in to their program. It's assisted living and Mom's dementia might be too advanced for their program! I cannot even visit. They are being extra cautious and will not receive any new applicants nor visitors. The earliest that they might open up is the end of April. 

I am preparing my talk notes for the prayer walk on March 6th and my sharing on March 13th. I don't think I can do more for this month... especially since I might have to go to Ilan or call the facility more often during this adjustment period! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Key SVG Lord Your God Svg Deuteronomy 30:20 SVG PDF | Etsy Israel

In the midst of all this, Deut. 30:20 encouraged my heart! God is the key to my life. I need to remember to focus on the things above... "And this too shall pass..." I think I am stressed as I don't even want to go for a run... That's not me... 

Seek Him First!

April 9, 2015 - Bible verse of the day (NLT) - 2 Peter 3:9 - DailyVerses.net

2 comments:

  1. When I was speaking with her she was great in the beginning and when she got tired of talking she refused to answer. Do the eval when she is 'alert' My sweet mom love you Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's an adjustment period... but it is not easy... we love Mom very much!

    ReplyDelete