Monday, February 28, 2022

A Very Sad Day!

I know I have to do it, but it was a very sad day!

I got things ready... and I did go for a run... 

Alan drove and we went and picked Mom up at 12:30. She thought I was Abby!

Again she looked groggy and I did find out that they gave her a sedative. She was too active. But by the middle of the drive, she was talking, talking, talking. 

When we got to the place, we first went to a nearby park as my siblings wanted to talk to Mom. I had to use Isaiah's data to get the iPad hooked up. Then I repacked everything and got her some socks. She was more excited about getting out of the car than to talk to Eddie. But when we got to the old folks home, she thought we were home.  She talked for a long time with Annie. And she had a short conversation with James. She ate dinner there and we stayed until after she finished dinner. They got her ready for bed... It was very sad to say good bye. I will go back on Thursday!

And yes, I think I do a couple of surprise visits to see how she is doing! 

The most difficult thing is that most of the elderly there are not really going to be sociable, not like at the day care center. Now, the director said that he will send her to the day care center, so that's where I hope she will make some new friends. I will keep you posted. Please do keep her in your prayers!

We had to stay and eat dinner in Ilan as it was a holiday weekend and the traffic control was still being enforced -- 3 person in a car until 9pm. We got back by 10:30... the traffic was bad even with that rule!

Abby was heading back from Taichung and also hit traffic. She didn't get back until 11:40. And she broke her phone because she brought it on a ride and it fell out. At least we have Apple Care, so she will have to bring it in... The cost of fixing it will be greatly reduced, but not free!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Like the message from church yesterday, sometimes, God takes us on an undesirable path... and in those difficult places, He has promised to be with us. I will have to overcome my fear of driving as I go to Ilan! And I trust the director... so I pray that he will be a man of his word and do his best for my mom. I also learned that the cost of the facility does not include any paper goods, such as tissues, wipes, diapers, etc. So, on Thursday, I'm going to go and decorate Mom's bed and clean and bring all the paper goods! I also have to provide the medical gloves... I will also try to contact a church in the area and see if they are willing to pick my mom up for church on Sundays! That would be a miracle!

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments:

  1. Oh man that would really add to the cost but hey, it is ONLY MONEY !!!! Thank you my sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup... and overall, it is still way cheaper than the States!

    ReplyDelete