Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Went to Ilan AGAIN!

Yes, I was planning to go on Thursday, but today is Annie's birthday! So, I wanted to surprise her.

I got there at around 10:30 and Mom was already eating lunch!

I connected the iPad and my data... I don't have a lot of data, so the connection wasn't exactly great. But at least Annie got to see Mom... Annie said it was the best birthday present!

I cut Mom's toe nails and hair. It turned out really nice. Then I changed her into a nice outfit. It was so nice to see her dressed properly! 

By the time I left, she was back in bed. It was around 1:30. The Facility assured me that they are not giving her any sedatives. But she sleeps now from 6:00 to 6:00, then takes another 2-3 hour nap! What is going on???

Yes, we will for sure go on Friday... and I might go again on Thursday. I have to get my Sunday message finished! Pray for insights!

I got home and the weather was quite warm. I went out for a short run. I had a short run yesterday... Maybe I'll get a longer run in tomorrow. I don't plan to go to Ilan tomorrow!

I tutored from 4-5 and I was to have our Tuesday evening Bible study, but two gals messaged and so we postponed. We will have our study next Tuesday!

That worked out well as I had time to work on my talk! I also did a load of wash and started to cook for our guests who will be coming over tomorrow. I have the menu planned already.

We have heard from Mom Bea. She has moved to Alden's and there is much to get done!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Today was the first time I went to see Mom and didn't cry! But on the way down our parking garage, I scratched the back door of our car along the wall of our garage at this one place where the turn is a bit sharp. That told me: my mind was elsewhere! I've lived in this complex for the past almost 19 years. I have always been very careful around that turn. But today, honestly, I don't know if I was too tired or just thinking about something else... and YIKES! It was bad enough that you can see the dent! At least the garage wall had a protective plastic piece, which I squashed! But the damage is done! I guess maybe I will have to get the whole car repainted at the end of this year. 

My mind was thinking about Psalm 91... The foundation of this beautiful psalm is a vital abiding relationship with our GOD MOST HIGH! And even in the midst of difficulties, I know HE HOLDS ON TO ME!

Psalm 91:1 - Those who live in the shelter of the Most High

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

3 comments:

  1. oh My dearest sister it was the bestest present I have ever had and I am crying reading your blog pay attention, never mind the car

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a good time to see your mom. May God be with you, I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you... I need more sleep!

    ReplyDelete