Friday, March 18, 2022

Bad News...

Alan has been checking the flights... and it's not good. The cost has gone up and the Singapore Airlines flight to London is GONE! WAHHHH... that was only 837US$, now NO MORE! I should have bought even when I wasn't sure what would happen with Mom.

Speaking of Mom, she was driving us crazy today... Definitely more active and constantly wanting to eat. She kept going to sit at the dining room table and requesting us to feed her! She didn't want to watch Little House, but I did get her to listen to ancient Chinese poems for about 40 minutes!

I had time to go for a run as Alan and Abby were home! So grateful!

Alan had his early morning discipleship group and then went to school as one of the senior classes was going to get their pictures done.

Abby had a free morning... and she went to tutor at 3:00 and then went and joined friends for dinner at a very famous hot pot restaurant. Her phone is fixed.

And I worked at calling different places to see if there is a better long term care place for her. I will take her for another psych evaluation next Thursday and maybe they will have a bed for her. I called another Christian place... Mom is number 13 on their waiting list. I would still like to travel this summer... WHEN we find a suitable place, then I'll be able to hop on that plane! Pray for a suitable plane ticket!

Daily Lovely Insight:

The Power of Stillness

Stillness ceases from "self", which is a temporary means to solve a problem through our limited view, wisdom, and ability. Stillness lets God provide the answer through His unfailing faithful love.

This is my summary of what I read today in my daily devotional. 

I like solitude and stillness. They do so much for my spirit. The devotional was from Mark 15:3, how Jesus remained silent and answered nothing. 

Mark 15:3 KJV - And the chief priests accused him of many things:

I thought it was a beautiful meditation during this season of Lent!

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments: