Thursday, March 3, 2022

God Guidance System!

I drove to Ilan by myself... and I got there safely!

But it was difficult to see Mom... She was taking her nap when I got there. I was hoping to get there earlier, but the whole of Taiwan had a blackout for about 75 minutes! I couldn't get my car 'up' as it needs electricity to get the mechanism working. 

I finally left at 11:15 and I got there just before 12:30. She was already in bed... for her afternoon nap!

I used the time to decorate and organize her stuff. I was finished and she was still sleeping.

I got her up at 2pm and we went for a long walk. Actually, I pushed her in the wheelchair. I tried to ask her questions and get her to sing! She wasn't too interactive, but we were able to chat. I tried to reach my siblings, but no one was around. I got her back before dinner and I had to leave as I didn't want to drive in the dark!

God did it... I got on the freeway and arrived home at around 6:11! The traffic wasn't too bad and it wasn't too dark. 

I want to go again tomorrow... but I can't... so for sure I will go again next week on Friday as I got her a dental appointment. But I will see if I have time to go on my own. The director has not scheduled the psych evaluation. And I hope he gets her to do more physical exercises on a daily basis and mental activity as well. 

I put her hearing aids on and in one afternoon, she broke one of them. She detached the earbuds. I will see if I can get them fixed! I also have to pick up her health report and drop that off plus her medicine. So, it looks like March will be quite busy! I will be driving a lot... which is a big breakthrough for me. 

Since I was gone the whole day, I didn't have time to finish my talk notes or edit... Things are a bit behind. And even though the weather was so nice this evening, I didn't want to go out for a run... 

Daily Lovely Insight:

As I'm preparing for the prayer walk and a talk, I've been reading several things. One was about the book, 1,000 miles of miracles by Alfred Glover, a British missionary who served under the China Inland Missionary Society started by Hudson Taylor. You can get the entire book for free on a PDF file. During their flight to safety, they read Psalm 91 every day and God surely did protect them from harm! He lost his wife and one daughter before the flight when the Boxer Rebellion started in ShanXi. What an amazing testimony of God's constant presence. It was very encouraging for me as I know God sings over my Mom's bed every night! He is with her always... and He loves her more than I can ever love her! When I went there today, I prayed for all the elderly there... I pray that they would hear God calling them by name. I pray that the Lord would hold their hands and bring comfort and rest. I pray that those who work there will serve them with dignity and care! I know whoever is reading this, you are praying, too!

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments:

  1. How did they get her to nap? I hope they are not medicating her without your consent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too... I will go as often as possible. I'm very firm about medication!

    ReplyDelete