Saturday, March 26, 2022

Soochow School Anniversary, Marriage Builders & More...

The day flew by... Mom was up early. Alan was at Soochow School Anniversary and Abby was working as a statistician for some local basketball competition. She was going to be running in her departmental relay race, but it was cancelled due to the rain. 

I tried to go see one of the possible long term facilities, but the drive was too congested as it was along the same path as those who went to clean graves. Yes, April 5th is the Tomb Sweeping Holiday and people go early to clean their family gravesite. 

Abby was home at 3pm, so she stayed with Mom while I went for a run. I successfully completed 11km. I taped up my ankle!

We had our Marriage Builders tonight and Robert and Ariel were the only couple, which was actually perfect. Abby watched their kids and we had a 'double date'. I made turkey with gravy and potatoes and a huge salad. Alan wasn't hungry. We had a splendid time!

After they left, Abby had tutoring and I went over to pick up three more bags of stuff to sort! Wow... all the antique gadgets that I found! I also put together a tool box and a sewing kit. I will work on a first aid kit and a collection of stationary goods. Those will be put back into the house! When the furniture gets picked up, the house will be ready for renovation. Everything should be finished by April 7th!

The rain started to pour this evening! Glad I made it back before the down pour.

Alan went to bed early. I had a chance to chat with Isaiah. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Hearing this rain, God really protected me. I went out to pick up the bags of stuff without having a rain coat as I decided to ride Alan's scooter. I can't imagine if the down pour had started while I was out there. There are so many times that we forget to thank God for all the ways He protected us. I don't want to forget His goodness!

I'm reminded of the song, Think about the Lord, Think about His goodness... 

Think about His love, think about His goodness. Think about His grace  that's brought us through. For as high as the heaven's above So great is  the measure. - ppt download

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630


4 comments:

  1. I read about the rain on the news

    ReplyDelete
  2. heavy heavy down pour and also don't go get too much stuff, you cannot recycle the whole world !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't want things to be thrown away... the stuff would end up in the landfills.

    ReplyDelete