Thursday, October 8, 2020

I Love Taiwan!

I had to help out a friend and get her housing report so that she can get a ROC passport for her son! I left early and the Household Registry Office was very busy. I guess they were doing flu vaccine and blood donation! I found a scooter parking place and went up to the third floor.

They provide tea and I got a number and sat down. The volunteers were all so helpful. The wait wasn't long and I was called. I gave her the POA and had to answer a few questions. Good news... I had the emails that my friend had sent me! Showed her everything and got seven copies... just in case! The fee was nominal... maybe 4US$!

I then walked to the post office and mailed every thing.  The fee was reasonable - 20US$! That was the speedy rate!

I was going to donate blood, but the weather was so great... and if I donate, they would tell me NO RUNNING! And there was a line... So I went to buy things at Carrefour... and headed home!

I got the dinner started... and Isaiah called. He ran out of gas... I helped him find a gas station nearby and he walked there and was able to get gas and go to the Downtown campus!

I then went for a run! I had to make it quick and short as I had tutoring!

Mom was back early... I ended my tutoring session and the phone rang! I put the food in the microwave and headed downstairs!

Alan sent me a message... I could go to Soochow and get an "INBODY" measurement. I wanted to see my body fat percentage! Usually it would cost money, but they got the machine and Alan got it done.

Daily Lovely Insight:

My sister, Annie, often talks about having to wait for hours on the phone just to get something done in the States. Here in Taiwan, it's amazing... the efficiency... the effectiveness... You go in and get out in less than an hour... 

That's the good news... 

The bad news... I had worked on the friend's dissertation and my talk for 10/18... And the computer went blinky blinky... and everything was lost! The file that was retrieved did not have all that I had done!

What's the insight?

Give thanks in everything! When you do, your heart is at peace, even when circumstances and situations might be chaotic!



Seek Him First!




2 comments:

  1. dont you just wanna pull out your hair when all files LOST>????

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding... but I have to just give thanks... TRUST... But this lap top is on its last leg... It did the same thing again today! But I saved the files before walking away to do something else!

    ReplyDelete