Friday, October 23, 2020

A Nice Kind of Busy!

Alan and I had our morning prayer time and he went to his discipleship meeting. When he came back, we had our devotional time and then took off to run errands. I had a box to mail for Abby and he dropped off containers for me at a friend's house.

We met up again and took the scooter to a steak house... and then had a nice pressure point massage! We finished by 2:45 and headed to Costco. It was very busy there, but we had o



ur list... Alan was trying to find candy canes, but they weren't in yet! We bought a few items plus a pumpkin pie and headed home on the scooter! Thankfully, no rain!

We got home and had time to put everything away and Mom was back... 

Abby came back to pack and Alan dropped her off at the MRT Station!

After Mom went to bed, I went for a run!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Baruch ben Neriah, the scribe who wrote down what Jeremiah dictated, is very interesting. He spent his time listening to Jeremiah's prophecies and writing them down... What was said was not heeded... and his scribe was even cut up and burned! These are the words of Jeremiah to Baruch from Jeremiah 45:

Jeremiah said this to Baruch: “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says to you, Baruch: You said, ‘Woe to me! The Lord has added sorrow to my pain; I am worn out with groaning and find no rest.’ But the Lord has told me to say to you, ‘This is what the Lord says: I will overthrow what I have built and uproot what I have planted, throughout the earth. Should you then seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the Lord, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.’”

What do you think if the Lord told someone to tell you these words?

Seek Him First!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment